New amendment to SOLAS regulation about protection of Sprinkler Pipes on passenger vessels.
Seen in the light of the increasing sizes of passenger ships and growing number of passengers, a new amendment to SOLAS regulation 'Safe return to port' is applicable to all passneger ships built on or after 1st of July 2010 stating that sprinkler pipes on passenger vessels need to remain operational in case of fire.
The amendment is valid for:
- All passenger ships of 120 m or more.
- All passenger ships having three or more main vertical zones.
Also applicable for ROPAX vessels and large offshore accommodations.
ROCKWOOL SeaRox PS 620 ALU (Marine Firebatts 100 PS)
To fulfil the requirement ROCKWOOL Technical Insulation has introduced a Pipe Section called SeaRox PS 620 ALU (Marine Firebatts 100 PS). This product may be used not only for thermal insulation but also for fire protection according to IMO FTP code.
The solution secures the following advantages:
- Fire protection of steel pipes as required by IMO MSC Resolution MSC 216(82).
- Standard Pipe Section also for fire protection
- basis product tested and approved for A-60
- Easy assortment and installation.